NEW CREATION MISSIONS INTERNATIONALwww.ncmitraining.com
Understanding the Human Spirit
By David P. Ward
1. Paul begins with the inside of man and comes to the outside.
2. Many Christians are very body conscious, how they feel, how they look, what they see, etc.
3. Other Christians sometimes are very quick mentally and spend a lot of time in the mental realm.
4. Man is a spirit being. As Christians we need to be SPIRIT Conscious.
ll COR 5:17
This is talking about the inward man. When you were born again your body didnít change at all.
If you were bald, you were still bald. A lot of times if you had bad habits before you were saved, you had bad habits after you were first saved.
B. Your mind never changed instantly, you now had the ability to love, but sometimes you still had those sinful thoughts after you were saved.
l JOHN 3:3 Jesus said, ďExcept a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.ĒNicodemus said, ďHow can a man be born when he is old?
Can he enter the second time into his motherís womb and be born?
A. Jesus wasnít talking about natural physical birth. He said in verse 6 that which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the spirit is spirit.
5. The part of man that is born again at salvation is his spirit. Mans spirit receives eternal life, the life of god, the nature of God.
A. Manís spirit is made a new creation in Christ.6. Paul calls the spirit of man the inward man. Peter calls him the hidden man of the heart.
l Peter 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, In that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of god of great price.
ll Cor 4:16 But though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
A. There is an inward man. There is an outward man. The outward man is only the house in which we live.
B. The inward man is the real you. The inward man will never die. When your spirit leaves your body, he either goes to spend eternity with God or the devil. In Heaven or in Hell, in Peace or in Torment.
7. Some false cults teach that when a person dies they are dead like a dog. Man is more than just a body, he is a spirit, he has a soul, and he lives in a body.
8. Others teach when a person dies they they go into Soul Sleep. The bible never teaches that.
A. reincarnation teaches our spirits pass from one life to the next life hoping one day to reach perfection.
9. There is no perfection outside of the blood of the Lamb! Jesus Christ.
10. When the physical body of man is dead and in the grave, the spirit lives on. The spirit of man is eternal, spirits never die.
A. Man is made in the likeness of God, not the Likeness of an ape.
In John 4:24, Jesus said, ďGod is a spirit so man must of a necessity also be a spirit.Ē
PHILLIPIANS 1:21-24 For I am in a straight betwixt the two, having a desire to depart and to be with Christ, which is far better! Nevertheless, to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
A. Paul was going to live whether in the body or out of the body. He is still going to live.
B. Paul said to the church of Philippi that for him to stay in his body and teach them was more needful for them.
11. Paul knew it would be far better to be with Christ.
12. Since God is a spirit, he chooses to lead us through our human spirits.
PROVERBS 20:27 The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inward parts of the belly.
Candle=Lamp, light, meaning God will enlighten us, He will guide us through our spirits.
13. Many Christians seek guidance by means other than the way God said to and get into trouble.
A. We sometimes judge how God is leading by what our physical senses tell us, but nowhere in the bible does God say he will guide us through our physical senses.
14. Too often we look at things from a mental standpoint and endeavor to reason out things.
THE SPIRIT OF MAN IS THE CANDLE OF THE LORD!
15. The primary way God wants to lead us in through our spirits.
A. We can develop sensitivity to our spirit. There are times I get a check on the inside or a red light, a stop signal not to go somewhere or do something and I donít do it and I donít.
B. You could call it an inward intuition.
16. Other times I am prompted to go here or there, to call this one, itsí like a velvety feeling on the inside, or a green light, a go ahead signal.
17. If we learn to follow that inward witness it will cause us to be very successful and to be a great blessing to people.
18. As you learn to develop and train your spirit, he will guide you in every area of your life.
MY SPIRIT IS LED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD.
MY SPIRIT IS THE CANDLE OF THE LORD, SEARCHING ALL THE INWARD PARTS OF MY BELLY, OUT OF MY BELLY FLOWS RIVERS OF LIVING WATER.
I CHOOSE TODAY TO BE LED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD.
I CHOOSE TODAY TO DIG DEEP INTO THE WORD OF GOD, FOR IT IS QUICK, POWERFUL, LIKE A TWO-EDGED SWORD.
MY SPIRIT, MY MIND, AND MY BODY LINES UP WITH WHAT GOD SAYS I AM TO BE!
THE WITNESS OF THE HUMAN SPIRIT
1. Witness= to testify, to give evidence, to know.
2. The Holy Spirit speaks to us thru our spirit man. Sometimes our mind tries to blot out or doesnít understand the witness of the human spirit. The soul can agree with the spirit if the mind becomes renewed to the word of god.
3. My spirit will witness to my mind the perfect will of god. The human spirit can allow to have ascendency over the mind and body. This is being led by the spirit.
4. I Corinthians 14:4 The spirit man can be built up and in tune with spiritual things, turned onto the word.
JUDE 20 building up yourself by praying in the spirit. Speaking of building up the spirit man who is most sensitive to the Holy Spirit.
ROM 8:16 The spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are the children of God.
A. Those who are sons of God, are led by the spirit of God. Those who have grown in the Lord who have made a decision to live by the witness of the human spirit, allowing the human spirit to ascend over the mind, allowing the mind to be renewed and the body to be held under subjection to the word of God.
3 ways God led the O. T. People
1. By angels as messengers
3. Audible voice
MATTHEW 18 and MATTHEW 2:12 Led by God , by angels, and by dreams.
(Joseph and Mary)
A. Today we have the inward witness. The holy Spirit bearing wtiness with our spirits.
Matthew 2:19 An angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph
Genesis 20:`1 In a dream by night.
THE OBEDIENCE OF OUR CONFESSION
1. To speak the same thing
2. The act of confessing
3. The idea of one accord
4. To agree with by Declaring or admitting something or to declare openly by speaking out freely.
This type of confession comes from the effect of a deep, heartfelt conviction of fact. There is no strain, or hindrances involved to it.
Romans 10:9-11 Confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in mine heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be safed.
`10 . For with the heart man believes unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
TRUE CONFESSION IS A HEART FELTY CONVICTION OF FACT CONCERNING THE WORD OF GOD.
5. When you have a deep heart felt conviction that you are saved, that l John 5:13 is true, nobody, no devil can make me believe otherwise. The same about healing, etc.
ROMANS 4:14 through the righteousness of faith which means to believe god. This is not only to be abe, but to his seed, or to everybody that believes.
Confessing the word of God is not just mental assent. We must stand and take a firm hold on the word of God.
2. Our faith is the faith that believes God. We become a part of the family of God, because Abraham first did. I believe Godís promises therefore I will openly confess them.
3. Abe had to get to the point where his believing God was that his confession said the same.
At first, Gold told Abe he would have a son, but in the natural it looked impossible with Sarah, so he thought heíd help God out and sleep with Hagar who bore Ishmael. But that was not Godís intent, or Godís best. The perfect will of God is stunted when human hands get in the way.
ll Cor 4:13 We having the same spirit of Faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken, we also believe and therefore speak. Itís out of the book and its in my heart!~ Thatís where true confession comes from!
4. Then people say, Ií ve confessed it, and confessed it, and confessed it, yet they were still in pain and still broke. Keep saying it. Sooner or later youíll know it, a witness. A heart felt knowing, the Holy Spirit bearing witness with my spirit that the word of God is truth and that truth will be coming out of my mouth.
PROVERBS 6:2 you are taken captive by the words of your mouth.
PROVERBS 18:21 Life and death is in the power of the tongue.
5. We can speak life, or death. Where we put our roots into is what weíll reap.
Genesis 1:3 And God said, Light be! And there was light! Also, 9,11,20,24,26
John 15:15Everything I heard my father say, I do, and make it known unto you.
All creation was put in order and out of the state of confusion by the word spoken forth by the father. So, as Jesus came when all was in confusion and spoke that which his father told him to. Jesus did everything in union with his father. Jesus was the word. John 1:1 Of the father made flesh. John 1:4
If you believe something, you will say it. What you say will locate where youíre standing in, rooted in. That is why Jesus said in Mark 11:22 Have the God kind of faith. The same kind of faith that created the earth into order and out of mass confusion. As we are made in the image of God, the things that I say with my mouth, if its coming from a deep heart felt conviction of fact it will come to apss.
Thatís why Jesus said, Mark 113-24 That whossoe ver shall say unto this mountain, be thou removed and be thou cast into the sea and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass shall have whatsoever he saith.
Many say God said it, I believe it, that settles it. Thatís not true. God said in the beginning, Light Be~ and Light Became. In that we see that God said it, that settles it. If I believe it or not Godís word is already established, but I must take my will and make a quality decision to get hooked up with the spirit of Grace and operate in the law of the spirit of Life.
MARK 11:23-24 Believing in your heart and confessing that heart felt conviction.
Many people are fully persuaded by pastors in their churches that healing hasd been done away with and are fully persuaded by him. We must learn to be persuaded by the word.
Mark 3:35 Jesus and the disciples got into the boat and he said letís go to the other side. Vs 37 and there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship and it became full. He was in the stern of the s hip asleep on a pillow. The disciples woke up jesus and said to him that they werr going to die. He arose, and spoke to the wind and said to it, Peace~! Be Still! Here Jesus spoke the end result. Even during the storm and in divers circumstances, Jesus spoke, and the wind ceased. And Jesus said why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?
Mark 5:25 The woman with the issue of blood.
The righteousness of our faith is believing God. Speaking negative confessions is speaking what the devil says about us. Positive confession is speaking under the law of the spirit of life. That which god has said, done, and made available for us to walk in. What I am fully persuaded of I will speak. Then my actions will line up with what I speak.
Hindrances IN OPERATING IN OBEDIENCE
1. What we see.
2. What we Hear.
3. What we feel.
Donít allow the senses to dictate to you the final outcome of what God has promised you. We have to look at what you see in like bills, if your behind, the semi truck going gown the road, and you want to cross. Not looking at the circumstances does not mean ignoring the fact or lying. If you are attacked you can speak the end result of healing. If you are fully persuaded? That the reality of the word that says you are healed. If you are not fully persuaded get to the doctor and get help.
HINDRANCES IN OBEDIENCE OR OPERATING IN (continued)
1. Donít allow what you see with your eyes to contradict that what God has already said in his word.
A. The enemy will come in and try to steal your joy, peace, money, children, your job, and try to make the circumstances overtake you. Then there are those who say, I donít receive this 150.00 car payment, that I donít have it, but Iím not moved by what I see. Thatís not faith. Thatís foolishness! The collector doesnít understand when you quote PHIL 4:19 to him. Then when they put you in jail you say, well, I knew this faith stuff didnít work anyway.
2. If you have responsibilities then live up to them.
3. The bible says what you say and believe will come to pass.
4. There are folks who say their believing God for healing and throw their medicines away. But if itís not coming from a deep heart felt conviction of fact, itís just mouth service. The meds has nothing to do with you standing in faith. People should use medicine until the body is healed. Put your faith with the medicine.
5. EPH 1:3 Blessed be God and father of our lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with all spiritual blessings (Gifts in heavenly places in Christ.
A. If I allow my sight my hearing, and my feelings to dictate to me, I will not receive the spiritual blessings.
6. Confession is like the lay a way plan. Everytime you confess and believe in your heart that you will have what you say it is like making a payment on what you have in lay a way. Until one day it is payed off and you possess it.
Daniel 10:12 The angel said to Daniel, you were healed from the first day but I am come because of your words.
EPH 6:12 We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, powers , etc.
ll Cor 4:16For which cause we faint not, but though our outward man is dying, the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light trouble, which is but a moment, works for us far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. While we look not at the things which are seen, but the things which are not seen. For the things which we see are temporal, but the things not seen is eternal.
Avoid anything that anyone says to you that contradicts what you have confessed based on the word of God. People will tell you that you canít , God says you can. Who are you going to listen to?
PHIL 4:8 Whatsoever is true, honest just, pure, lovely, good report, virtue, praise, think on these things.
The more I think upon goodness of the Lord, the more I speak it. The more influenced I am of it.
Romans 4:27 God called those things which were not as though they were. Who against hope, believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations.
ll. We can operate in Sense knowledge
A. The natural realm
1. We confess Godís word because God said it.
Donít allow the devil to enter the mind realm. Satan tries to play mind games, but we need to cast imaginations down and speak to the daze you are in. Command the strongholds to come down in the Name of Jesus. Speak to the fear and pull down that stronghold.
2. What does the Word say about fear?
Find the promises and speak them forth.
3. Fear and Faith does not mix. Fear short circuits faith.
Joshua 1:9 Be strong Be not Afraid.
Matthew 28 Lo, Iím with you even unto the end.
4. Fear opens the door to satan
Joshua 10:25 fear not or be dismayed
Psalms 27:1 The Lord is the light of my salvation, whom shall I fear?
Psalms 34:7 The angels of the Lord are all around me>
I will not fear what Flesh can do to me
Luke 10:9, Eph 6:12
Mark 16:16-18, ll Timothy God has not given us the spirit of fear. , I Peter 3:14